Transport & Logistics Safety Forum
When: Tuesday 08 November 2022 from 0800 - 1400 hrs
Where: Northampton Saints, Cinch Stadium at Franklin's Gardens, Weedon Road, Northampton, NN5 5BG
Speakers already confirmed:
- Lisa McGrevy MSc CMIOSH - EHS Director at GXO
- Dean Clamp FCILT – Group HSEQ Director at Wincanton
- Karl Wilshaw l Eng, MSOE, MIRTE – Fleet Director at Travis Perkins
- Karen Crispe FCILT - Director at Convey Technology Ltd
- Charlotte Le Maire - Motor Criminal Defence and Road Regulatory Solicitor at Arch Law
- Mark Cartwright – Head of Commercial Vehicle Incident Prevention at National Highways
- More speakers and the event format will be announced in the coming weeks
- For bios on the speakers see bottom of the page
Driver and fleet safety:
How well is the logistics industry dealing with the aftershocks of the pandemic!
The logistics industry has had to deal with numerous massive challenges over the last two years to keep the country running but the aftershocks continue to be felt within the industry.
From the driver shortage to a shortage of skilled engineers to maintain and keep vehicles running, to the increase in the cost of fuel and drivers’ wages, to name just a few. If that wasn’t enough, there have been numerous regulation changes such as the new Guidance to Roadworthiness and new Categorisation of Defects.
What will hit the industry next?
These have all been major issues for all fleet operators, regardless of the size of their fleet but at what cost operational and driver safety?
Only a limited number of operators will have successfully upskilled and implemented behavioural and culture change across their operation to tackle these challenges. Beit from driver training, driver welfare, repair and maintenance training to Transport Manager training, to ensure they have remained compliant and legal, thereby reducing their exposure to risk and protecting their brand.
Come along and join in the conversation with our panel of expert industry speakers, who will share their top tips and takeaways for successfully dealing with the continuing aftershocks of the pandemic.
Lunch & Refreshments included
Early bird bookings are guaranteed a free place however these places are strictly limited so make sure to book early!